Wednesday, April 8, 2009

NCBT-TSNA Seminar

After the activities, a 2-day seminar happened in our school. As a professional teacher, I am constantly interacting with people in the school and in community. It’s an opportunity for me to attend this kind of seminar because it can enhance my teaching skills as well as my behavior as a teacher. The NCBT (National Competency-Based Teacher Standards) provides us some evaluation to our selves with the use of TSNA (Teacher Strengths and Needs Assessment). The knowledge that I acquired from this seminar would be a great help for me to become a more effective teacher. Through this seminar, I realized that I should be actively involved with learners, fellow teachers, school officials and community leaders. With the use of TSNA toolkit, I can determine my personal and professional strengths as well as my professional needs along the national competencies required of the Filipino teachers. I have to attend more seminars and workshops related to my teaching profession especially to cope up with my weaknesses. Above all, my professional development will ensure quality education through improved learning outcomes of the students. Maybe I’ll be learning more and more strategies and techniques in teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment